Many people start the new year making resolutions. We have all been there. We make promises to lose weight, exercise more or spend more time with our family. We start the year with great intentions, but we quickly fall back on old habits.
Why is it so hard to stick to New Year’s resolutions?
The problem is not wanting all those good things for you; The problem is that when the month of February begins, all the motivation of January evaporates, you give up and go back to your old habits of routine life.
Well, it is hard to break the old habits, get self-disciplined and start something new on our own. The reality is that many of the resolutions of the new year do not go beyond being wishes that do not materialize. That is why you need the right structure for all of your goals to exist in reality rather than in your head.
Read Also: Is Etiquette Important in Our Daily Life?
Following are some ways to turn your intentions into reality:
- Write your goals and put them on a visible place, like sticking them on the bedroom mirror or in the car. This will not let you forget what you have to work upon apart from other routine activities. The discipline of writing is the first step for goals to be met. Many psychologists agree on the validity of this rule because a greater commitment is created to reach the goal by writing actions, goals and plans.
- Get to the why of things you are doing in a routine. Are you in a stressful relationship that makes you eat a lot of ice cream every night? Are you stressed at work and you feel too tired to exercise after work? If you do not address the root of the behavior, it will be much harder to achieve your goal.
- Be clear about what your life would be like if you achieve your goals. If you resolve to go to the gym more, how does this benefit you? Visualize the outcome of your action, and you will be more likely to stick to your plan.
- Share your resolutions with friends and family. Hold each other responsible to achieve your goals. If you want to go to the gym more, join a friend who does this and request him to call you every time or if possible, take you along with him.
- Reward yourself for every little achievement. If your intention is to lose weight and lose 1 pound per week, reward yourself with a massage or something you enjoy.
- Enroll yourself in an image school. If you want to save yourself a lot of mental exertion and make sure that you reach a new personal level, the best thing is to get yourself into a new routine and have experts who can provide you with image consultancy. The experts at the image school will help and guide you to make a lot of major to minor changes in your behavior and style. Apart from learning social etiquettes and public speaking skills, you will be able to know about your impression on others. It’s something that only others can tell and only experts can correct as no one else might be able to observe and provide you with genuine feedback along with guidance.
- Record progress and make it public. Resolutions that are kept a secret can be difficult to meet when you face hurdles. Having a friend or group of colleagues with the same goals can encourage you to focus on your objectives.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE : Welcome to Kohli Finishing School